Federation of Norland CE School and St Mary’s CE (VC) Junior and Infant School.
Norland CE School
Berry Moor Road
Tel: 01422 831602
The Governors of The Federation of Norland CE and St Mary’s CE Primary Schools are seeking to appoint a Level 3 teaching assistant to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new federation, with the role based at Norland CE School.
We aim to appoint a positive, passionate and experienced EYFS/KS1 teaching assistant with a desire to offer all children a caring, personalised, safe and stimulating learning experience. The role includes working under the direction of the class teachers, with individual children and small groups, both within and outside the classroom and providing ad-hoc cover for the class teacher.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of child development and the principles underpinning the Early Years Foundation Stage and building blocks for the Year 1 curriculum;
• Have a passion for working and supporting children and families;
• Have a high expectation for children’s learning and behaviour;
• Have the ability to motivate and support children through good practice;
• Be flexible and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team across the whole school.
We can offer:
• Highly supportive staff and school governors;
• Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils who are keen to learn;
• A welcoming, happy, friendly school with an aspirational ethos;
• A commitment to staff wellbeing and continuing professional development;
• Experience of working within a newly established federation of schools
All interested candidates are welcome to have an informal discussion about the role with the newly appointed Executive Headteacher, Yvette Sullivan. Visits to the school are currently restricted due to COVID19, however visits will be welcomed at the interview stage of the recruitment process. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment if you would like a discussion beforehand.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Please return your application form via email to: email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 28th October at noon
Shortlisting: Friday 30th October
Interviews & Observations: Thursday 5th November
The Federation is committed to safeguarding the rights and welfare of all children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check before the appointment is confirmed.
New Starter / Admissions List
If you have a pre-school child and wish to register interest with the school, please provide your child's details (name, address and date of birth) via email or telephone and we will add your child to our admissions list.