SEND - Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Welcome to our SEND information page. We hope that you find the information that you need. Should you require any further information or have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact Miss Barker our Federation SENCO via the school office.
What are Special Educational Needs and Disabilities?
Children have additional educational needs if they have a learning difficulty that calls for additional educational provision to be made for them. Children have a learning difficulty if they:
- - have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age.
- - have a disability that prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age in schools within the area of the local authority.
- - are under compulsory school age and fall within the definitions above or would so do if special educational provision was not made for them.’ (Code of Practice September 2014)
There are now four broad areas of SEND, some children may have needs in one or more of these areas, these are:
- - Communication and Interaction
- - Cognition and Learning
- - Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- - Sensory and/or Physical Difficulties
How do we identify, assess and monitor additional needs?
At Norland CE School we follow a graduated approach. This consists of:
We involve parents and carers fully in all stages of the process.
Please click on the links below for further school information:
Please click on the links below for further additional information:
Achievement for All - https://afaeducation.org/
Calderdale SENDIASS - http://www.calderdalesendiass.org.uk/
GOV.UK - Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/supporting-pupils-at-school-with-medical-conditions--3
SEND - A DfE Guide for Parents